Most people know that for a table service meal at Walt Disney World Resort, reservations can be made 180 days in advance, and that these reservations are often coveted. But what about quick service meals? Other than Be Our Guest (Magic Kingdom Park) for breakfast and lunch & Pizzafari (Animal Kingdom Park), there are no reservations for quick service meals. Often these locations have long lines, and crowds at that counter that are several people deep. This can be quite intimidating! but now Disney has created a wonderful solution to this problem, and its called MOBILE ORDERING!!
Mobile ordering is available through the My Disney Experience App on your phone. The following restaurants are participating:
- ABC Commissary
- Aloha Isle
- Backlot Express
- Casey’s Corner
- Catalina Eddie’s
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- D-Luxe Burger
- Electric Umbrella
- Fairfax Fare
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Harambe Market
- Liberty Inn
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Rosie’s All-American Café
- Satu’li Canteen
- Spyglass Grill
- The Lunching Pad
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant
- Woody’s Lunch Box
To use Mobile ordering follow these simple steps:
- Tap on the image of your character, scroll down to “My Plans” and press the “Order Food” button.
- Select “Dining” from the top of the app, tap on the restaurant you want and press the “Order Food” button.
- Once you’ve added everything that your family cares to enjoy, you can review your order and purchase it right from the app. Currently Disney is accepting credit cards, debit cards and Disney dining plans for mobile order payments. Gift card payments or any orders requiring a discount such as “tables in Wonderland” or Annual Pass & DVC must be done at in person orders only.
- When you arrive at the restaurant, open the app, tap on the image of your character and press the “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” button. This lets Disney know you’re there, so they can start your order.
The beauty of mobile ordering is that you do not need to know what you want to eat or where you want to eat six months in advance! On days when we haven’t known where we want to eat a quick service meal, I have done the mobile ordering as soon as I walked in to the restaurant. If we know where we want to eat, I order in advance so that the food is ready upon our arrival! Either way this is so easy to do on the My Disney Experience app!