“Take Center Stage in the Worlds of Movies, Television, Music & Theater”
Originally named “Disney-MGM Studios Theme Park” after a licensing agreement with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Walt Disney World Resort’s third gate opened on May 1 1989. It was originally developed as both a theme park inspired by show business and an operating production studio, with active film and television production services, an animation facility branch, and a functioning backlot. In 2007 after several disputes with Metro-Goldwyn- Mayer the park was rebranded as “Disney’s Hollywood Studios” – a park of immersive theming and attraction development inspired by famous and beloved Hollywood stories.
Lands and Attractions
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is divided into six themed areas inspired by fantasized iterations of existing locations found in Hollywood and Los Angeles.
Hollywood Boulevard, inspired by the real street of the same name, serves as the park’s main entrance and operates in the same vein as Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom.
Echo Lake, inspired by the similarly-named neighborhood in Los Angeles, is designed to mimic the “California Crazy” form of architecture from Hollywood’s Golden Age and is anchored around the area’s namesake lake.
- Celebrity Spotlight
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
Grand Avenue is themed as a gentrified historic district inspired by the real location of the same name in downtown Los Angeles.
Toy Story Land is inspired by Pixar’s Toy Story series, and is the newest of the lands to open. It just recently made its depute June of 2018.
- Alien Saucer Swirl
- Green Army Drum Corps
- Green Army Patrol
- Meet the Toys in Toy Story Land
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Toy Story Mania!
Animation Courtyard is home to attractions based on films and characters created by Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- BB-8 Astromech on Duty
- Disney Junior Dance Party!
- Meet Disney Junior Pals in Animation Courtyard
- Disney® Visa® Cardmember Star Wars Character Experience
- Meet Mike and Sulley at Walt Disney Presents
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars Launch Bay: Encounter Kylo Ren
- Star Wars Launch Bay: Meet Chewbacca
- Star Wars Launch Bay Theater
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney Presents
Sunset Boulevard, inspired by the real thoroughfare of the same name, was the first expansion of the park, opening in July 1994.
- Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Dining Around The Park
With 28 choices for dining locations and specialty dining experiences around the park, you are sure to find exactly what your tummy desires at Hollywood Studios Theme Park!
Table Service Restaurants
- 50’s Prime Time Café
- The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Hollywood & Vine
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Quick Service Restaurants
- ABC Commissary
- Anaheim Produce
- Backlot Express
- Catalina Eddie’s
- Dockside Diner
- Fairfax Fare
- Hollywood Scoops
- KRNR The Rock Station
- Neighborhood Bakery
- Oasis Canteen
- Rosie’s All-American Café
- The Trolley Car Café
- Woody’s Lunch Box
Specialty Dining Events and Packages
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party
- Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience
- Fantasmic! Dining Package
- Disney Early Morning Magic – Toy Story Land
- Dine with an Imagineer at The Hollywood Brown Derby